The Maupin Area Chamber presents the First Annual Maupin Daze Commemorative Poster Contest!The contest is open to all South Wasco County residents 18 years of age and older.
- We are inviting artists to submit ONE full-color design, sized to be reproduced within the space of an 11′ x 14′ poster.
- Applicants are encouraged to produce digital, traditional, contemporary, impressionist, and/or abstract works of art. No text may be included.
- There will be one grand prize winner. The winner will receive $250.00, an opportunity to represent Maupin’s annual celebration, and recognition on social media.
- All other entries will be invited to display their work during Maupin Daze for the chance to win the “People’s Choice Award”.
There will be one grand prize winner.
All entries will be judged by a panel of judges. In the event of a tie, an additional judge will be added to the panel. Decisions of the judges shall be final in all matters related to this contest.
The winning image will be reproduced on posters and other products which will be printed and sold as limited editions in pre-sales, at the Maupin Daze event on May 18, 2019, and through the Chamber. Net proceeds will go to local youth programs.
The winning artist will be featured on our website (maupinoregon.com) and on social media.
The winning design will belong to the Maupin Area Chamber of Commerce, all rights reserved.
Contest results will be posted on the Maupin Area Chamber’s website on April 12th and announced at our April 12th Morning Jo.
How to Enter
Original entries must be submitted to the Maupin Area Chamber of Commerce at 502 Deschutes Avenue no later than 2:00 p.m. on Friday, March 29th, 2019.
The winning art will be professionally photographed for digital use.
Art Contest Rules
By entering, contestants guarantee that each submission is his or her own original creation and that no entry infringes on another contestant’s or person’s rights. Use of any drawings, images, or elements that are not original will result in disqualification.
- Must be a resident of South Wasco County
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Artist’s name must NOT be visible to judges
- No text is allowed
- Art must be original
- Art must represent the Maupin Daze themes of celebrating Maupin life, the Deschutes River, and community.
If you have any questions, please contact Kyle Suenaga at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541.993.1708.
Good luck, and happy creating!